Welcome to ReierParts! This webshop is the result of a lifelong hobby that turned into work and so much more. Allow me to introduce myself.
I’m Reier, I’ve been a car enthusiast for as long as I can remember. And for that same period I’ve had a massive soft spot for Saabs. I’m not sure if it came from my father driving Saabs for my entire conscious life, or if it’s just the understated and subtle design and execution of the cars that attracted me.
The passion only grew when I bought my first 900, and I soon realised how special these cars are. I had bought the most barebones 900 as my first car, and soon started planning subtle changes to modernise the driving experience whilst keeping true to the classic 900 form. I swapped out the twin Stromberg carburetors for a NOS single Pierburg CD175 from a later model 900, refreshed the suspension including adding anti-roll bars front and rear, and swapped the four-speed transmission for a five speed. Of course, on a naturally aspirated car, you can only go so far before the inevitable happens; I wanted more power..
By chance, I came across an Edwardian Grey 1989 CombiCoupé model that seemed the perfect fit. The car was my dream spec; full SPG exterior, oxblood red leather interior (including the dash!), AC, cruise control, electric sunroof and, the most important bit, a 16v Turbo engine with full APC system. The perfect base for a retro-modern daily driver!
I’ve owned the car since July 2017, and I’ve done a lot of work on it over the years. In my quest to make it a modern feeling car, I’ve done multiple modifications, some of which have been through a few iterations before being satisfied. I’ll add a few photos and a modlist below.
Photos by Guus Bouman
Mod list Reier’s Saab 900 T16:
- B212 cylinder head and intake manifold
- B204 cams with adjustable sprockets
- Modified APC system to run higher than factory boost pressure
- do88 FMIC (not installed yet during photoshoot)
- Cat-delete, stock muffler, stainless twin-tip tailpipe
- Koni red shock absorbers (3/4 front 2/3 rear)
- Stock T16s front springs, reproduction T16s rear springs, AirLift rear helper airsprings
- PU bushings on both sway bars and rear link rods
- 17″ BBS CS013 wheels, 215/40R17 tires
- Custom front big brake kit, 320mm rotors, Brembo four-piston caliper
- ReierParts rain sensing wiper kit
- ReierSpec wiper blades
- ReierParts fan jet nozzles
- Kenwood KMM-BT502DAB radio
- PhoenixGold underseat subwoofer mounted in the trunk
- Brodit ProClip + Active phone holder